A little about me. . .

I am a proud mother of two beautiful boys. I have a stepson, who is like my own son. I have helped raise him since he is three. He is a sweet, wonderful, smart boy that is very difficult. He is now in fifth grade and has only had two teachers that really understood him. These two teachers have made such a difference in his life. He really loves and respects them for taking the time and having the patience to understand. him. I also have a four year old son. He is the exact opposite of his brother. He is always happy. He is also a people pleaser. He follows the rules and hardly ever needs correcting. When necessary a little scolding will do. This experience has proven to me that the old adage "the parents don't care" or "all he needs is a spanking", isn't always the truth. My husband and I have tried everything and our oldest son is still a challenge. Sometimes I think that this will be very beneficial to him as an adult. In his mind, the only reason he has a difficult time in school is because he has to do things on someone else's terms. If he could do what he wants, when he wants, he would have no problems. I am putting in all of this information for all you you to know that I understand the battles that parents face when trying to raise and educate children. I have had my share of experience with bad teachers and certainly know what not to do. I also know how much pain this causes the children and their families. I truly have a love for all children and only want what is best for them. I have wanted to be a teacher ever since I was a little girl. I feel blessed and lucky to be able to teach now. I remember the teachers that changed my life and I want to do the same for someone else's child.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What technology I will utilize . . .

I want to have a class blog to keep parents up to date on events and happenings in our classroom. I would love to post pictures of my students doing everyday assignments on my blog. I could post weekly class assignments for parent to reference if they lose the list that was sent home with the student. I could also have links on my blog for helpful websites for parents to reference. For example, www.starfall.com is a very educational website that parents could play with their children. I could also have links for autism research, and dates of important community events. I would also enjoy having students make and maintain their own blogs. (I do not know how well that would work out if I teach K-2 though. Just a thought.)

No comments: